Friday, January 20, 2017

And the world takes a step in another direction, good.


Now that Mr Trump is president of the United States Of America ( or should I rather say in about four hours time) and the people of America are starting down a new road, as is the rest of the world, it's time for me to go down a new road too. In my case that means writing blog posts on a regular basis at the same time as making plans to start earning a decent living. As you know by now I'm unemployed again and the money situation has deteriorated somewhat, that's not the end of the world so I've started connecting companies from all over the world who need exhibition stands built here in South Africa, it's quite a big industry here.
I've been building and managing the building of show stands and Film sets for about twenty nine odd years now and, to tell the truth, am getting a bit long in the tooth for all this stress, I'm 61 already.  So being able to connect the people I do know who still do this to those who are looking for competent carpenters and stand building companies. I've been hugely taken aback by the number of people looking for manufacturing carpenters here and the severe lack of experienced and knowledgeable tradesmen, that's why I decided to take this route. I now have a Facebook page, which I've been avoiding for years,   www.facebook.com/Carpenterconnect  So if you don't mind please go to this site and "like" it so that I can get more hits from all over the world. Apparently that is how it works, more likes more exposure. I do know that the site isn't all that good yet but I'm working on it.  
Before you leave please say a prayer for me so that I will start to make an income from this.
I do find taking new roads very exciting and exhilarating, it is fun. Oh, and please pass this on. Thanks.
Blessings to all of you Geoff.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, GEOFF.

    I have been very impressed by some of the comments you've left on Arlee Bird's "Trump" posts and began following your blog.

    I went to Facebook and tried to "Like" your site but apparently this can be done only by people who have Facebook accounts. And I don't have one.

    However, I will certainly pray for your new endeavor. I am a very praying (and meditating) man who has a genuine personal relationship with Jesus Christ. And I will certainly remember your situation when I talk to Him and ask for His assistance on it.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    Check out my new blog @
    (Link:] Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephen.
    Thank you for the visit and the comment. It's been a long time since I've got any comments and your's came as a bit of a surprise, pleasant.
    Having seen what has happened since the inauguration of President Trump I think my attitude toward those opposing him is justified. There is only one thing that I would like to say to President trump and that is " Stop your twitter campaign and get on with the business of being President. If you ignore their tirade they will eventually go away and the press will leave you alone and go on to the next boring news report aired over and over again ad-nauseum."
    Unfortunately President Trump is unlikely to read this comment but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
    Good luck America, I think you are going to need it but you can still be great, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is outside at this very moment constructing his own casket. He has orders for several for his siblings and myself. Beats throwing thousands of dollars in the ground when you die.

    ReplyDelete