Sunday, January 03, 2016

2016 wishes for you.

I'm not sure about you but my 2015 was an awful year. It started with me having a heart attack in January, having to spend a month off work recovering, for which I was not paid, getting fired later in the year and then spending the best part of 6 months without any income. That means that in 2015 I only worked for about 5 months, hopefully 2016 will be a better year financially.
I am definitely looking forward to the new year but can't see much improvement on the horizon for now with the state of the South African economy. 2015 saw strikes and rioting all over the country with students demanding removal of statues (Rhodes must fall campaign,) free education for university students (Fees must fall marches,) and finally the removal of the finance minister which saw the value of banks and the Rand do a spectacular nose-dive resulting in the calls for removal of Jacob Zuma the president of the A.N.C. (Zuma must fall campaign.) There were a whole lot of other strikes affecting teachers, the police and many other sectors of the country. Will this change in 2016? I doubt it.
On the global front we saw wars escalating involving world powers arguing and threatening each other, the huge migration (migration could be the wrong word, invasion, although considered politically incorrect, is more likely correct considering the implications of the European population dynamics shift,) adding to the confusion and hardship experienced by innocent people trying to get away from their own leaders who are destroying them. Major earth shaking and earthquakes, and then of course the weather freak out at the end of the year.
I would like to say to everyone who was seriously affected by all these events that my heart goes out to you and that I feel very sorry for you no matter who you are. My prayer for you, once again no matter who you are or what you believe, is that my God will restore your lives and bless you in 2016. May we, as the world population, come to calmer waters for the sake of our planet as well as each other.
Blessings and love from an old man struggling to survive here in a very political South Africa. Bless you all, Geoff.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps an "Unemployment for Geoff Must Fall" campaign is in order for 2016? Do you ever consider returning to Cape Town considering your life in JH? Are there better employment opportunities there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha. Unemployment for Geoff must fall campaign is definitely in order, will you begin the campaign internationally please.
    Oh how I wish to return to Cape Town but finances are a bit skint at the moment. I'm going to go on a "Cape Town move money" savings drive this year, hopefully I'll be able to get back there by the end of the year. More movies are made in Cape Town than anywhere else in South Africa so yes, there are better work prospects there. I also think that living in an unsafe environment here in Johannesburg is affecting my ability to write, that worries me a lot. Writing a blog takes time and effort and despite what other people think bloggers are great people and of great importance in this socially connected world we now live in.
    Anyway, enough about that for the moment.
    Bless you joy, I always look forward to your comments. Love and blessings to you and your family this new year, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete