Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Rain rain don't go away. Please come again another day.

One of fifteen planes damaged after Monday's hailstorm. Picture: EAA South Africa
image source

Yay! It has been raining for the past two nights. Thank you Lord Jesus you are truly magnificent and a blessing to all of us, the good and the bad. Over the past two nights we have received 24mm here in Mid Rand where I'm currently staying. Thunder and frightening in abundance just to get Archibald to melt down, very funny in some respects but sad for him. My heart goes out to you my little boy.
There were a few incidents of severe damage from hail in certain areas, notably Pretoria north where the hail stones were the size of oranges but also in the east of Gauteng (Springs) where an aircraft hanger collapsed on top of a whole lot of planes and also in the south where a filling station roof collapsed on top of cars sheltering from the hail. No injuries reported so far.
There were a lot of prayers for rain over the past few weeks and of course we all know that prayer doesn't work (tongue in cheek). Well there we go, for all those who call themselves "Atheists", boohoo for you.
I'm not sure how you feel about people on the net who continually mock those who do believe in God but as for me, I'm a believer. I've had so many things happen to and around me that defy any other explanation other than the existence of a loving and faithful God that I no longer have any doubt.
Anyway, thank you Lord for the rain, it is appreciated.
Love to all, Geoff.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the weather starts normalizing this new season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain would be welcomed in my part of the world as well. They've forecasted an active rainy season this winter, but so far we haven't see much at all. Then again winter isn't officially here yet.

    Agreed on the prayers bothering the atheists. We've had some controversy here with many condemning those offering up prayers for those facing difficult times. Persecution of the Christian faith never ends and might get stronger in the months to come.

    Be well.

    Arlee Bird
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete