Monday, April 13, 2015

Work, work, work, and thanks.

Jet stores press release

Hello everyone.
In my previous post I wrote about not joining the a-z challenge because I've been very busy, this is true. I've had a few days off to recuperate but it all starts again tomorrow morning. I went round to the workshop this morning and was immediately sent of to a client in Mid Rand to get measurements and things to finish off the snag list. I will be getting into Microsoft units in the morning.
Most of the work I do has to do with the visual arts, you know, advertising, shop fitting, film sets, and sometimes press releases. I meet a whole lot of very creative people and in the course of the week bring into being what they have imagined.
Victron show stand in the making
Having moved to Johannesburg has, in it's own way, changed my ability to spend time taking awesome photographs. I do have more disposable income and Myles is able to spend more time with Tracey, I suppose that is justification enough. What was happening before was that I could take a couple of weeks off to go home before having to come back to help out. Oh how I miss Cape Town, all my friends are there. Oh well, what can I say?
the only kind of friends I make in Johannesburg

I'm going to admit that the a-z challenge this year has really motivated me to start writing again. For the longest time I've felt like I was worthless when it came to writing. I don't know why but it has stunted my abilities. Reading other people's posts has seemed to enthused me again, this is good.
What I've decided to do is read other blog posts that come up in my reading list, people I've already subscribed to and comment there. Anything I read on any blog site I haven't subscribed to I'll not post comments until after the end of the a-z challenge. They have enough other people to visit and comments to acknowledge already. I'll not impose on their time any more.
Busy, busy, busy.
Thanks for putting up with this strange post, It's not what I wanted to say. What I wanted to convey through this post was that I'm grateful to the challengers for inspiring and enthusing me again, you have no idea how much I appreciate it, Geoff.

14 comments:

  1. Just one other thing I didn't mention, I had a look at my Google+ stats and when I saw that the views was nearly 3 000 000 I thought that it couldn't be possible. What does Google+ stats show for you? I can understand 120 000 page views on my blog but 2 715 000 odd views for Google+ seems like a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog post today. I've been through a tough time, but it's been enlightening and I think the work I have been forced to do is starting to bear fruit. Thanks again for your supportive comment. I love your blog - don't comment as often as I should, but I am a faithful reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just good to have you back in the game Geoff!!! I would say if the challenge motivated you like that, it's a great compliment to the A to Z and to the founder, Artee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great to hear! And don't sell yourself short on your writing. Whatever you feel that you don't have in your writing now will come with the experience of writing more, and besides I don't think any of your readers have felt that your writing was useless in any way. We all have something to say, but a great many never attempt to say it in writing.

    Good luck with your upcoming writing endeavors. I'm inspired to hear that you've been inspired by A to Z once again. I agree that there are so many participant whose work absolutely shines during April.

    Thanks for your heartening words!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and in regard to your comment about the stats, I have no idea what that means. I don't think I've ever noticed my Google+ stats but now you've got me curious. My daily hits on my Tossing It Out blog average over the year to maybe about 200-300 per day and that's not all that great, but even at that I don't know how much the stats can be relied upon.

    Also, my thanks to Barbara In Caneyhead for directing me to your post.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Geoff! A to Z is a great source of inspiration as are the blogging participants.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Cohost
    Twitter: @StephenTremp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brand new follower here, dropping by from A to Z.

    Nice to meet you, Geoff!

    2015 A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Matthew MacNish from The QQQE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Likewise, Geoff, seeing this made my day. Hope to see you next year.

    John Holton
    Blogging from A to Z 2015 Cohost
    The Sound of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post! I too find A to Z blogs inspiring! You never know what you're going to read or see!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Heather M. Gardner
    Co-host: Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
    Blog: The Waiting is the Hardest Part [http://hmgardner.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to hear you've been inspired. Sometimes life hits us and we lose that muse for a while. Hope we'll see you A to Z next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great to hear you are inspired to write! Don't apologize for this post. You said what was on your heart.
    The Challenge means different things to different people and can do so much for participants if they let it. Awesome to hear what it has done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must admit I'm a little, well quite honestly, a lot, overwhelmed by the number of comments I've received for this post, wow, I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for visiting Geoff's Blogs, I really do appreciate your time spent with me.
    I think it may be a good idea for me to do a post about just how the a-z challenge has affected my writing, no that's not the right subject, more about how all of you have enthused me again.
    Sincere blessings from Geoff in Johannesburg South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arlee sent a link to your blog to me and I'm so glad he did! Look what you've done with your experience, motivated and sharing that motivation. Thank you so much for letting us know about what you're up to, and how you feel about writing now. Good luck with all your dreams! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from a to Z (via Twitter) A to Z is inspirational. There are so many interesting, well-written posts.Sue’s Trifles

    ReplyDelete