Wednesday, May 22, 2013

That's Life

Tourism Indaba Durban 
I guess trying to work and do what you really want to do isn't always possible, sometimes you've just got to put your head down and get the job done, at all costs. Hard work does have it's recompense, I'm debt free for the first time in quite a long time and that's cool. Four months building Show Stands all over the country has proven to be quite exhausting, but not unbearable. What do I want to do?, you may well ask. I want to blog, fly airplanes, sail around the world, spend time with my friends and of course, go home. Not necessarily in that order.
I had the weekend off last week and spent most of my time just lying in bed, either sleeping or reading. The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens. Now there's a book well worth reading.
Time
One of the things I've been playing around with at work is of course my camera. Long exposures and camera movement with intention. I like what happens, maybe a sunset over the ocean and a nice long pan shot next, we'll see.
Anyway, back to my story. I've arranged for an introductory flight at a flight school here in Johannesburg for Shelley my daughter, She's one of the internal auditors for a well known car rental company here in Southern Africa and spends literally days each month driving all over the country, and neighboring countries. My thinking is, after having been at the controls of light aircraft myself, having a Private Pilot's Licence would be an interesting addition to her C. V. Well her first flight at the controls is coming up early in June, oh how I hope she enjoys it, I did so much.
The other bits I want to do will have to come at the right time, soon I hope. Maybe home in a week or two, spending time with friends at about the same time, sailing around the world, naaa, not likely to happen but who knows.

Life is good at the moment and for this I thank GOD, big time. I'm off to the Coca Cola dome here in Johannesburg to finish off a Stand for Calore fire places, Defy washing machines next and then, hopefully lastly for a time, First National Bank. Time for me to head back to Cape Town again, Yippee!
Africa is alive, an emerging economy, and the rest of the world are coming here to show just what they have of offer. The exhibition industry here is doing very well at the moment and I'm part of that, cool. But I do so miss the farm and my animals, soon, very soon, just hang in there Geoff.
Oh, as far as Blogging is concerned, as often as possible.
My sincere blessings to everyone, Geoff.


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Geoff

    I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award on my Blog. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Geoff

    Check out Julia's blogpost (A Dose of Jules - http://www.adoseofjules.com/). It's about flying and you'll enjoy it, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fiddy.
    Love you too, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete