Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Alternative flight Options

Cape Mountains from a commercial flight
I'm back in Johannesburg after a two day visit home. Man alive we are busy at the moment, one show after the other with, at times, eight show stands going up at the same time all over the country. Normally I fly to wherever the show is and then fly back. The only problem with this is, it's so boring.
I am planning on going home for a bit of a break, I've been away for more than three months now, and am looking for alternative ideas on how to get around. My thinking is trying to get a flight on a cargo plane, much more interesting or on someone else's chartered flight. You never know how lucky you can be if you put the word out.
Rain and Mist on the drive back
Having spent four days in Durban, and six show stands later, I have no desire to drive anymore, I've been driving for more than forty years now, very tiring and Cape Town is fifteen hours away.
So, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
No, this blog isn't really dead, I'm just plain worn out at night, I will be back after a bit of a Cape Town recharge.
Blessings to all, love Geoff.

4 comments:

  1. Your driving photo... I felt like I was in the driver's seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sayin' a prayer for you, Geoff. Can't imagine keeping up with your schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joy, so nice to hear from you. I've been extremely busy this year, to the point of getting home at night and going to bed, up again in the morning and back to work every day, 7 days a week. Hopefully I'll get a chance to relax a bit soon and start Blogging again. The drive back from Johannesburg was not exactly pleasant but we got here safely in the end. I'll pop over to see what you've been up to as soon as I get a chance. Blessings and love, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam HI.
    I visited your blog this morning but could not leave a visiting comment, and I would just like you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed you post about being patient, you couldn't have chosen a better scripture to verify your point.
    Blessings my friend, God is on your side, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete