Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lion of Judah

image source
Lion.
Have you ever seen a lion? I have, where and under what circumstances I can't remember.
The Lion of Judah, Jesus is referred to, in the new testament, as The Lion of Judah. The only thing , to me, that belies that title, is the fact that Jesus conducted himself in a very un-lionlike fashion.
In my experience this is, by far, the better path to follow. You make more friends that way, you recognize your own worth more clearly and realistically and, in the end , it will prove more fulfilling, both spiritually and materially.
the wineimage source

My mother's maiden  name was Lyon. The impression, this humble, loving, kind and gracious woman left implanted in my heart is exactly how I see, not only Jesus, but God himself.
You can behave like the wild lion, which is indigenous to the continent upon which I live, kinda scary and very dangerous, or like the one who will care and provide for his whole pride, the way Jesus does, to this very day. I don't know about what you believe in but I sure do believe that living and thinking the way Jesus did brings great reward. Eternally!
Here is my blessing to all of you; May God bless you and keep you in the palm of his hand, may he give you an inner peace that will fulfill your deepest need. This I pray in the name of Jesus.

7 comments:

  1. Never seen a lion, though I understand you're speaking metaphorically here.
    Very well written post. Love that you include your mom.
    Best,
    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I hope and pray that we can all imitate and become like the Lion of Judah, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your analogy of Jesus as "the one who will care and provide for his whole pride.
    Have a blessed Sunday!Pam at 2 Encourage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that everything is going smoothly for you during the Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Nice to *see* you again, Geoff!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete