Monday, April 08, 2013

Good Memories

It's eleven o clock at night and I've just arrived home (not Cape Town) after a day that started with a 200 kilometer drive into the Pilansberg mountains to a place known as Sun City. We put up two beautiful show stands there for a company with whom we work, Scan Display.
Today I let one of the drivers drive thus giving myself the opportunity to take pictures. At first he didn't understand why I was taking pictures of the road and trees and other passing scenery. On the way back to Johannesburg I explained that photographs are memories and for the first time he began to realize that when you look at pictures they stimulate your memory of the whole experience, the trip there, who the driver was, what you did on that day, who you met, the trip back and a whole bunch of other things that would very soon be forgotten. I live in an amazing part of the world, Africa, the so called cradle of mankind so I take pictures and they remind me of all that God has given me to occupy my time here. Photographs are, to me, good memories in picture form.
I will edit this post tomorrow morning and add some pictures you may enjoy. I must first re-size them so they will not take forever to download, this takes a while and right now I'm tired.
So good night and God bless, I'm going to bed, Geoff.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff, just popping by as a fellow a-z blogger. I understand what you mean about photos and memories. I take pictures wherever I go, often quite randomly. Sometimes the best photos are of random things.

    http://designsbyrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid I thought scenery photos were boring, but as an adult, I love them. A picture from the road brings make so many great trip memories!

    ReplyDelete