Monday, October 01, 2012

Helloooooooo

Helloooooooooo!
Continuing with my tale of where I've been for such a long time, while in Johannesburg I'm staying with my little sister Toni. Toni is a creative  person to say the least. Her and my oldest sister share a property not far from Myles's factory, very convenient for me getting to work without traffic. What a lovely garden they have to share. Happy tree faces, now how could you possibly damage such a friendly oak tree? I sometimes wish all the trees in the forests could have faces like these, who would then want to cut the trees down?
The Bird of paradise flower, strelitzia Reginae
Before I left to go back to Cape Town, I took a few, actually stacks of, photographs around their garden. Spring was only just beginning to come into effect and there were just a few flowers. Oh how beautiful is God's paintbrush. Although there were not all that many flowers and most of the trees did not yet have leaves, what there was was oh so fresh.
I've been dying to show you what Toni's place looks like but, because I was having a real problem re-sizing my pictures, I couldn't. For me, writing a blog post without pictures just isn't the same. I was having to re-size each picture individually and it was taking days, painful and frustrating, as can be imagined. Well yesterday I finally found out how to do it in bulk, 1269 pictures in about 12 minutes, Yay! Thank you windows live picture gallery.
Such a cute little cottage, Toni's spot
Very little snow but so pretty.
As you can see, everything's dry and brown. Johannesburg is a summer rainfall area, unlike Cape Town where the rain comes down in buckets in winter and everything turns green, except the mud of course ha, ha. It was in fact a very mild winter up here, although we did have one day when it snowed, not much to brag about by international standards but still the first since 1981, and I was there to see it. About two hours later it was all gone :(  pretty cool though all the same.
Even though I was missing home terribly and having to put up with quite a lot of nonsense in Johannesburg, I did very much enjoy my sisters company, both of them. Blogging was just not possible, what with us working seven days a week, I was way too exhausted to spend another couple of hours sitting in a freezing factory after work trying to write sensibly, blogging takes time.
Toni's new computer.
Just a few days before I eventually left to go back to Cape Town Toni got a brand new computer. Very very nice and she knows how to use it way better than I do, time to learn, hmm!
Time to go, it's the end of the day and since I started this post yesterday and have been trying to write and work at the same time, well you get the picture. 
Blessings from Geoff, I'll be back tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Holaaa :)

    Hello Geoff, it has been a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Geoff, your sister does have a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh love that tree face:)Sounds like you had a great visit with your sis.

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how odd it must feel when it snowed there. I guess you could say it was a little treat from God!
    I love tree faces. I've always wanted one for our lone Maple in our yard, very cute. And Geoff the Bird of Paradise is an amazing looking flower. You captured it well.
    I too don't like posting without photos but I've been so lazy about it lately. Everyday I say "today is the day" and then nothing. I guess I'm just not feeling inspired!
    It's great to hear what you've been up to and good that you were able to visit with your sista's!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Toni's little cottage, especially the French doors. I want one. Please send me one pronto. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't her place look similar to your's? Is the roof clay tile?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice color choice on the blog. It is really easy on my eyes and I have bad eyes too so that's a really big compliment lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all the pictures. An interesting journey you're on.

    ReplyDelete