Monday, June 04, 2012

2012 A Hectic Time

Hi guys. I'm still alive, believe it or not.
Life at the moment is so frantic for me. I'm not sure if any of you have ever landed up in a situation where you just don't have any time left to find you feet, you spend so much time trying to cope that you get home exhausted. Well that's me right now. Let me give you a brief rundown on what I'm trying to cope with.
My son James is one of the performers in the musical Yeomen of the Guard (Misha, take note, I know how much you love theater.) He has asked me to take pictures of the cast at one of their dress rehearsals. This means getting to know and understand his camera, he has loaned me one similar to the one I will be using, but I'm just a happy snapper so a learning curve is in progress. Then there is the bar I'm building for the new owners of the restaurant next door, one for which I seriously under quoted, again. Then there are a group of friends of mine with whom I'm building a free energy device, sort of a perpetual motion machine using magnets. It's an experiment and very exciting but of course it also takes a lot of time and effort. I can cut perfect circles and machine things to a very fine tolerance, so I'm important to the project. More on that at a later date. I'm also trying to organize flying lessons, yes I used to fly and now want to get back into it, and of course there's the sailing which I've neglected for so long. I must just add, for those who don't know, I live alone so have to not only cook for myself, but all the things that can usually be shared I have to do myself, like washing the windows and laundry and so on and so on. :) That's cool, I'll cope eventually.
Andy, my friend, was talking to me today and said he really wanted to get back into his photography which he had been neglecting so badly. Well, I got to thinking about my blog and how I'd been neglecting all of you, my friends. I'd like to apologize to all of you. No, I mean it, I'm really sorry. You guys have carried me through some really tough times and I value your friendship more than you would ever believe, Crystal Mary, Diana, Joy, Misha,One Woman's Thoughts, Siv. If I didn't mention your name please don't take it badly, there are more names than you would believe, about 117 or so. In fact there are more of you who I consider friends than I know personally. How about that?
With regards to photographs, I don't have a data cable for the new camera yet, it's still coming, I'll have it in  a week or so, so please be patient.
Time to feed the animals and myself. God bless you my friends, and believe me, he will. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Geoff,
    Nice to hear from you. :)Sounds to me like it has been a very good busy.

    I sure do hope your write a post on this free energy device, sounds like a cool project.

    Blessings brother and I hope you have that camera figured out.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you are! I *was* starting to get worried but glad to hear that you're just uber busy. It's great that there are some very fun things mixed in with the more chore-like work and I hope you really enjoy yourself.

    Looking forward to when you have more time to blog again - and all the best for your new adventures :)

    ReplyDelete