Thursday, April 12, 2012

Geoff's A to Z Challenge update

This challenge has been very interesting in many respects. The loss of my own personal blog space has been quite trying for me, I've found it difficult to keep up with my faithful followers and also those on Blogger, as bizarre as that may sound. Those I'm following on WordPress come up on my e-mail, but with blogger I've got to go to my dashboard. This may sound a bit crazy but I'm finding that the sheer number of posts being published makes it very difficult to keep up with everyone. I'm sure it will calm down soon enough, well I hope so. Lee, I have no idea how you manage to keep in contact with over a thousand followers. It amazes me.                                                                                                                                        However, and this is the big plus to the April A to Z challenge, researching my challenge posts has been enlightening, to say the least. It has also made me more aware of just how important it is for me to be accurate and sensitive in my writing, a good lesson. 
People from all over the world come to my blog and read what I've written, not just bloggers taking part in this challenge, I need to keep that in mind at all times. As far as I can ascertain, most people read blogs, not for the clever writing or the pretty pictures, but because they want to be informed one way or another. In my Christian blogging I try to be encouraging and talk about the spiritual side of my life and how I'm blessed, but that's what others come to get along with insight into my personal struggles with trying to live a Godly life, they're going through the same thing. Godliness and spirituality aren't governed by where you are or who you are, it's universal.
As far as I can tell with these posts about Africa, people seem to want information along with the pictures and stories, they want to be informed not encouraged. I hope that makes sense.
Another thing that I've found is that there are some absolutely fantastic writers out there in Blog Land. I've been amazed at the quality of writing coming though during this challenge. It has inspired me to take my writing, my spirituality and my commitment to a higher level. For this I'm very grateful. 
I do miss getting round to the blogs I've been following for a long time, but It'll come right in the not too distant future. Sorry Ladies, I do miss you by the way and I'll be around to visit as soon as I can. My data bundle has been chewed up by all the research I've been doing and at the moment I only have about 300 megs left till the 21st, so I do have to be sparing in my visits. I've managed to schedule posts up until "T" which will be published on the twenty third but I would like to get at least "U", "V" and "W" done before my data runs out completely, we'll see how it goes.
Bless you all and please be patient with me, I'm going as fast as I can, Geoff.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geoff,
    What a wonderful challenge this is. I sure am enjoying what you are posting about your beautiful Africa and I hope you have enough internet time to make it through.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a heart felt prayer for Brennan. If I have a chance, I will let his mom know how her son has touched your heart.

    Blessings brother,
    <><

    ReplyDelete