Sunday, April 01, 2012

Africa

My Africa (source)
Africa, what an exotic place to visit. Over the next twenty six posts I'm going to, in my own way, lift the veil just a little bit to give you a glimpse of the true Africa. 26 posts isn't nearly enough to tell you all about this vast continent, the second largest in the world, nor enough to even scratch the surface when it comes to plants and animals. But I'll do the best I can.
I'll tell you about the people, I'll tell you about the countries and I'll tell you about the animals. My Africa, the place God brought me forth from my mothers womb, the place where he's held me in his hand all the days of my life. My Africa, the Africa I've come to know and love.
The second largest and the second most populous continent,
the longest river (Nile), the fastest land animal (Cheetah), and the deadliest snake (Black Mamba). The tallest, the most aggressive, the heaviest and the list goes on.
Researching these posts has been an eye opener for me, I've been horrified and elated and at times completely  nonplussed. I'm a man of the sub Saharan Africa, this is the Africa I know best and this is where my stories will come from.
Come join me on a voyage of discovery. We'll climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, swim with the penguins off Cape Point. We'll make movies and go dancing and even visit the mighty Zambezi river. We're going on safari, are you ready?

12 comments:

  1. I'm uber excited to read about your Africa! I am a bit intimidated about all these links on this blog hop, which by the way I need understand what it is. ;P But, I believe this will be an exciting journey.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wild, wild, man. When I get back home, I'll revisit. Til then, my Fine Feathered South Afrikan Friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have some interesting posts about a place that a lot of us probably aren't too familiar with. This was a good way to start and whet our appetites.

    Good luck with the Challenge. You'll be getting a mention on my Tossing It Out blog for the letter "G".

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Child of God, Hi.
    I don't think you will be disappointed, Africa is an enchanting continent with so much to write about, way too much for this little blog. I did quite a lot of research for each post and have included pictures links that I hope will enlighten all my readers.
    The list of links is from the A to Z blog challenge in which I'm taking part. Over 1600 bloggers, all writing a daily post corresponding to a letter of the alphabet relevant to that particular day of the month of April. The A to Z badge at the top links to Lee's site and a description of what it's all about.
    Glad to have you along on this safari. Blessings, Geoff.
    Joy hi.
    I was thinking about coming to visit yesterday but didn't know whether you had Internet access or not. Glad you are well and hope this finds you in good spirits.
    Till later my fine American Friend, Geoff.
    Lee, hi.
    Thank you so much for adding my post to your Saturday update and for adding my blog to your G post. You do me a great honor.
    Bless you and once again thanks, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for letting me visit you (via blog) in Africa. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan and Bob.
    Popped over to pay you a visit on your fantastic travel blog.
    Thanks for your visit, please don't hesitate to come again, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I've never been to Africa but I did vacation on the island of Mauritius off the coast of Madagascar. It was heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is going to fun learning about "Your Africa"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice theme and can't wait to read your April postings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on board for the safari! I can't wait for the adventure. I have that pesky problem of work during the week so I may have to be a weekend visitor but I'll be reading through all your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am looking forward to learning more about Africa and for you to be my tour guide. I have always wanted to visit. A wonderful start to the Challenge!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be a very interesting and fun ride!

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    A to Z Co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete