Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Being Used by God

I think the Lord looks at our reasons for whatever we do. He knows the reason behind the reason and he also knows exactly what kind of person you are and what caused you to turn out the way you have. Do you have compassion in your heart or not? Are you doing things to gain approval and if so, from whom? You are right, it's not about what you do but more about why.
When we do things for others, who could do with a bit of help, our own spirit is enriched, that can never be taken away from us. A store house of spiritual treasures.
Now if we do other people in, say like ripping them off or something, all we do is fill our spiritual store house with filth, it may feel cool at first but sooner or later we will be too ashamed to even think about what we have done and we begin to hide from the truth within. The other way is much better, no shame and no hiding from what we have within our hearts.
I love children, they are so uncomplicated and their spiritual store houses haven't yet been filled with trash. Jesus tells us that to enter the kingdom of heaven we must become like children, and that the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. He also tells us that we must accept the kingdom of heaven like children and that children have a guardian angel who looks upon the face of God constantly. God calls us his children too.
You see, children are not afraid to look into their hearts, they have no need to hide. The fear only comes later when they start to do things that make them ashamed, when they become adults.
No, it's not about you, but you are still going to benefit from the good things you do in your walk here on Earth.
The spirit of Christ resides within all of us, there is goodness, love, compassion,and all those great things within each of us, that's what gets stimulated into action when Jesus takes control of your life. It is also what happens when others look at you and see their own inner heart reflected in you.
Some people don't like what they see and instinctively push you away so you can't see what they see within themselves. They say things like, "Stop judging me." when in fact you've said nothing at all, their own guilt is convicting them and accusing you is their only defense.
That's why you can talk to children about God and Jesus and they listen.You see, you are a lamp and when a lamp is lit it shows up everything and allows others to see into their own hearts.
So if you get rejected and mocked don't worry, they have seen the light in you. The fact that they can see into their own hearts, and in the process begin to judge their own motives, scares them. Smile and take heart, God is using you to change someone else's life. It takes patience and the faith to keep on allowing God's light to shine through you.
Take heart, God is using you.

8 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog, gives me a sense of peace. Thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "suffer the little children and forbid them not"...sometimes the "trash" or "filth" that children find themselves burdened with was not of their own making...they didn't do something wrong, something wrong was done to them. I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so inspiring here Geoff! I agree with you. And I find it funny that my 17 year old may not be the most perfect teen, but she can quote more chapter and verses in the bible than her mother, LOL!!
    Pehaps I should try to be more like her!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always lifted up by the thoughts of children. I'm blessed that I get to work with them everyday in my job. What special little hearts they have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geoff well said. When our intentions are out of love they come from God which is why we are so filed with light, when they come from self gratification theycome from the attacker. If our heart is hard and unforgiving the HS can not reside there, and therefore we are in control of our actions and consequences but when our words and actions are led by God than He is responsible for the consequences of that path so we need not worry. Beautiful and uplifting thank you for sharing your loving childlike heart..love hugs and prayers Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. It's so true that we have a light that helps people to see what is in their own hearts. I just hope that I do enough for God.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found it interesting that the people who scream the loudest about not being judged, are in fact, the ones who are sinning the most. It's like they know they are sinning, and when someone might perchance happen to point that out, they are all up in arms over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, Time to answer all your comments, sorry it's taken so long :)
    If you don't mind, I'm going to reply to each of you in this one comment.(mainly because if I answer each of you with a different comment post, it makes the comments for this post look more than they really are, you know what I mean?)
    So without further ado here we go;

    Siv,
    I love your blog too. You seem to have such a positive attitude to life. Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you find peace in my writing, your's makes me laugh. :)

    Hello Theanne,
    I know, and the trouble is those children carry guilt with them throughout their lives. I know! I must say though that reading about your great love for Don and the things you've been going through gives the impression of someone who has come to understand what peace and forgiveness means. God bless you girl, oh and you too of course Baron, Geoff.

    Diana, hi.
    You are so funny, I can imagine your daughter standing in the kitchen while you prepare supper, with her hands on her hips looking at you in defiance quoting bible verses to show just how wrong you are and how right she is HA,HA,HA.
    Don't worry, it passes when they reach about 85 :)
    I have a feeling she is more like you than you would admit to.
    Blessings and improved health to you Di, Tell you daughter hello from Cape Town.

    Hi Kathy,
    You are a very blessed mom, it shows in your daughters writing by the way. Yeah, I love children too but being a single man, people tend to be skeptical until they know me. Oh well that's understandable.
    You keep on being blessed and writing great blog posts, Geoff.

    Pat HELLO again,
    It is so good to see you, I missed you for a while there.
    I agree with everything you have said in this comment, I'm not too sure about the childlike heart though.
    Love, hugs and prayers for you too my impressive friend.

    Misha,
    thanks for your visits, it is so nice to hear what you have to say, considering your hectic life.
    It's not so much a matter of you doing things for God but things God uses you for without you even knowing about it. The axe doesn't wield the hewer.
    Bless you girl, I'll be over to hear about your accomplishments in a bit, Geoff.

    Joy hi.
    I was wondering about you?
    I've found, as long as they know you are trying to live a godly life, they will make some sort of observation, not always pleasant, but then also not always unpleasant, you know what I mean?
    Thanks for being a good friend and may God bless you, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete