Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2012 a Year of God's Favour

It's funny how sometimes we, or should I rather say I, land up feeling there is something that really needs to be said. At the beginning of this year the following scripture came to mind and although I have been slow in publishing it on my Blog, I still can't get away from it.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed  me;
he has sent me to announce good news to the poor,
to proclaim release for prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind;
to let the broken victims go free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour." (Luke 4 verses 18 and 19)

Now come on, who doesn't want a year of favour from the Lord?  The IRS isn't going to give you one nor is the government nor is the bank for that matter.  2012.  What is it about this particular year that could possibly warrant the Lord's favour? Yes I know all about the doomsday predictions written about by Zecharia Sitchin, or should I say his  books about the interpretation of the Mayan calendar, but who were the Mayans? Savages who believed in ripping the still beating hearts out of people to offer to their gods! Would you really put your faith in someone who'se only interest in you was ripping out your heart? No thanks, I think not.
There is also all this talk of a twelfth planet that is going to come so close to earth that it will tear our world apart, yeah right. There may well be another planet in our solar system or then maybe not. Sure makes good a script for a doomsday movie.
Personally I don't care, there's nothing I can do about it anyway. Disaster sells, as does nudity and sex, so who gains by getting everyone in a panic, certainly not the general public. Lets be quite honest about it, we've heard all of this before, in fact very recently and yet here we are, still going strong.
So what is it about 2012 that could possibly warrant the Lords favour?
Well, looking at how the economy has gone over the past few years one could come to the conclusion that it is about due. And then there is the war on terrorism, a war I might tell you that can never be won but hey, what a way to get funding for military spending. There is of course the issue of global warming or so we are told, who knows?
Anyway, whatever the reason, God has proclaimed 2012 a year of His favour. That's good enough for me. You see, I can put my faith in all the rubbish that the money hungry media is spewing forth or I can trust God and go forward with a positive attitude to meet the coming year despite what may happen.
Not everyone believes there is in fact a God who made everything and who is in control, but that's their problem. Personally, from what I've experienced in my life there can be no doubt.
So I'm going forward with a positive attitude and with joy in my heart knowing that no matter what happens God will come through.
You too can look forward to a good year if you want to, if not, well as I've said, "that's your problem." I'm not trying to convince you, take it or leave it.
Set your troubled hearts at rest. Trust in God always; trust also in me. (John 14 verse 1.)

7 comments:

  1. I trust God and Jesus...ABSOLUTELY! They've stuck with me through some tough times...some of my making, some not! If the world as we know it ends tomorrow, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a firm believer, but I'm a believer nevertheless. And I agree with you. If the world ends tomorrow or in a billion years, we must go on trying to make the world a better place in whatever way we can. Giving up is not an option!

    Beautiful post, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geoff! I've been away from the internet for the holidays and am back now.
    I hope that is true about 2012 being the year of God's Favour. I know that I can certainly use a smoother year. But then again, with God, all things are possible,right?
    I don't believe in global warming. When I told this to my daughter today, I think I made her angry. Oh well, I still don't believe in global warming! Happy New Year to you my friend!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...to claim the favorable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God..." Isaiah 61:2 Hmmm... mayhaps 2012 will also be the year of God's vengeance? I don't know, unbelievers are the ones who have cause to face the year with fear. Like you, I know God is in control--Thank God SOMEONE is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you.

    I have been away from blogging for a while as life reminds us how finite our time on earth is and how we need to adhere to doing our best with our time here. I have had God listen to my prayers and show me a better way even when I thought he wasn't listening. It was I that didn't hear or see. He has given me so much and I have come to be thankful for these gifts both sweet and difficult. May he bless you and all those you love and care for and keep you eternaly safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. Just read your blog and thought you might be encouraged to read a word for 2012 which was released today on mahesh chavdas website. www.chavdaministrfes.org. Bless you. Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Or rather www.chavdaministries.org

    :)

    ReplyDelete