Thursday, October 20, 2011

An Interesting Question

At home cell last night someone asked the question: "What is in heaven?" This was in order to be able to reply to a question posed by a non believer.
So in order to give the best answer I can come up with I'm turning to you before I give a reply.
What is, according to the scriptures, in Heaven?
Another question I have for you is: Where is heaven and when will we experience it?
Comments are requested here and, if you will, could you please quote the scripture you are referring to.
With thanks, Geoff.

OK so no comments so far and I can understand why. I've been looking to see what the scriptures do in fact say is in Heaven and to tell the truth they don't say very much.
God is in heaven, that much is true, there are angels in heaven too as is there life in heaven.
I have come to the conclusion that heaven is a state not a place at all. God being with us and not us being in a place separate from earth but God being with us right here right now wherever we are.

I send you to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, from the dominion of Satan to God, so that, by trust in me, they may obtain forgiveness of sins, and a place with those whom God has made his own. (Acts 26 verse 18) A place with God by your side, right now, right where you are.

Surely heaven is a place in your heart where you know that you are forgiven and your sins have been wiped away like a dissolving mist?

Now you can comment to your hearts content.

God bless all who comment here, Geoff.

2 comments:

  1. Geoff: Here are a few scriptures that talk about Heaven, but I had to shorten them to fit on the comment section. God bless, Lloyd

    Bible Verses and Scriptures About Heaven

    Isaiah 25:8-12
    he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

    John 14:2-4
    In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

    Colossians 3:1-7
    When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

    Revelation 7:13-17
    "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

    Revelation 21:4-8
    He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"

    Revelation 22:3-7
    No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

    Revelation 22:5-9
    There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

    Matthew 22:29-33
    Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lloyd, I came up with the same scriptures and as soon as I see my friend again I will pass them on to him.
    For me it is all about that inner knowing that God is real and with me right where I am, you know what I mean?
    God bless you my friend and thanks for the help, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete