Sunday, September 04, 2011

Impossible

I accomplished something today. Sundays are for me a time to rest, Saturdays seem to be too busy, shopping, visiting friends and generally catching up with my own life. Argh! I tried that new interface blogger is introducing and it didn't save my post. Everything gone. ARGH! I hate it when that happens.
Anyway as I was saying, I usually take Sundays very easy, I've got to go to work on Mondays and need the time to recuperate from the beating my body takes all through the week. You try going up 7 floors by the stairs 10 times a day week in and week out. Oh well, at least I'm pretty fit.
Anyway today I decided to cut my lawn and this is the result. Now I know it doesn't look like much of a job but there are a few things I haven't mentioned like the fact that my lawn mower was borrowed by someone else about a month ago. I got it back this morning broken and first had to fix it. Fixing it wasn't really all that much of a big deal, I can fix almost anything, But what should have been a relatively short lawn was in fact now a wild forest of weeds. This is our rainy season and everything takes full advantage of the water while it can, in other words, things grow really fast and if you fall behind in controlling the weeds they will take over. Anyway I finally managed to get it neatened up in time for the farm owners arrival next weekend. Cool. I must admit by the time I finally sat down to take a rest I was completely pooped.
While I was slaving away I was wondering whether there is anything impossible for God. There are a few things that to me seem impossible for Him. One of them being his absolute truth. It must be impossible for Him to lie. The other thing that I've been thinking about lately is his inability to give us that which we deny ourselves. Take love for example, if you refuse to accept the love that is offered to you by God or even someone that God is giving us to love us, then He can't give that love to us. Kind of like the drowning man that prays to the Lord and asks Him to save him. As the story goes first a log of wood came floating by but the man would not cling to it because God was going to save him then a boat came past but he wouldn't get in for the same reason. Finally a helicopter came and hovered just above him and a line was thrown to him. You guessed it, he refused that too and drowned. Standing before the Lord he asked, "Why didn't you save me?"  The Lord answered, "My child, first I sent a log then a boat and finally a helicopter. What more could I do?"
I know that I've missed what the Lord is offering me on more than one occasion, sorry Lord. But I'm alive and am anxiously awaiting whatever He has planned for my life. One day at a time sweet Jesus is all I'm asking of you. Just give me the strength to carry me through one day at a time.
Come now be honest, have you ever missed an opportunity God himself was giving you?

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure I have but I pray its far and few in between

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geoff mate, I came here yesterday and tried to comment, so here I am again. Hope it allows me this time. Well, we sure can be silly people, I have probably missed many opportunities to recieve off Him. Thankfully, He never gives up on us.
    It would be so terrible if He did! God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I have ignored opportunities God has given me. Opportunities to help people, and I've seen them as 'being bothered'. Hey, you asked me to be honest--not proud of what I've done, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've missed many opportunities. Sometimes we don't see them until after the fact. I need to have stronger faith and trust that miracles can happen. God has seen me through many things and will continue to do so. It's my responsibility to keep my eyes and mind open.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Geoff, just thinking about you and hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Joy.
    I'm OK just trying to deal with life at the moment. What with my anthill nearing completion and deadlines looming it's a bit stressful right now. Very tired by the time I get home at night and the weekends are either taken up by getting things sorted out at home or visiting the few friends I have or work, as sometimes happens. Let me put it this way, I'm still blogging and trying to visit as many of my blog friends as possible but am usually too tired to do much writing myself. I'll write a post soon but for now I'm content to just know that this will soon come to an end and I will be able to get back to some serious writing.
    To everyone who has read my post and left a comment I would just like to say that I'm sorry I've been so slack in answering your comments and promise to be more diligent soon. God bless you my friends, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete