Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kilimanjaro Lost Dogs and Jesus

One day at a time sweet Jesus is all I'm asking of you. Give me the strength to carry me through one day at a time.
Life has suddenly become so trying lately.
James is in Tanzania climbing firstly Mount Meru and then Mount Kilimanjaro and finding it a lot more difficult than he thought. Actually his Meru summit left him terrified of Kilimanjaro. They leave for Kilimanjaro tomorrow morning having already climbed Mount Meru. I'm very proud of him.
Image: The Vox Team on top of Mount Meru - 100% success rate!
The Vox team on the summit of Mount Meru. James the chap directly above the "V". Coleen?
Work is going well but because everyone on this building site has become bored and just wants to get this build over with, they have been working on this building for nearly 2 years now, the pressure is on for those of us who have come to do the finishing.

So I'm under a lot of stain right now to get finished with all the joinery. I'm enjoying what I'm doing but I do feel the pressure.
Archibald went missing yesterday after a thunderstorm, he hates thunder, and after I went all over Melkbos putting up notices with his picture on them and bold lettering saying he is lost and if found please call Geoff, I got back to the farm and there he was. I was so glad to see him.
Archibald Marmaduke Lyon

Wynand's car that he lent me for a while is making a very strange noise that seems to be emanating from the gearbox and leaves me wondering what will happen if it breaks down on the way to work or on the way back home but at least I'm making headway with repairing the Mini.
On top of all this I have been really going through a dry patch as far as blogging is concerned. I love being able to write blog posts and commenting on other blogger's posts but lately all I've been doing is reading what everyone has written, I do leave comments but even these have been sporadic, this too shall pass.

The other night I was reading my Bible and came across this verse in the book of Luke, chapter 22 verse 31 to verse 34.
Simon, Simon, take heed: Satan has been given leave to sift all of you like wheat; but for you I have prayed that your faith may not fail; and when you have come to yourself, you must lend strength to your brothers." and then Jesus goes on to say after Peter had replied, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and death."
One of the roosters on the farm.

"I tell you peter, the cock will not crow tonight until you have three times over denied that you know me."
Well I'm being sifted like wheat at the moment just as Jesus said I would be. Did I deny that I know Jesus? Yes. Not in going into the company of others and saying "I don't know Jesus," but in not listening when He was speaking to me. Being stubborn as usual and just doing what I wanted to anyway. Did the cock crow? Well what do you think? I live on a farm and there are stacks of cocks here, in fact more than hens.
But Jesus told Simon that He had prayed for him, that his faith may not fail and that he would come to his senses sooner or later. He also was told to lend strength to his brothers as soon as he was in his right mind again.
This is a great scripture and as the Lord says He does nothing without giving his prophets warning of his plans.     I was warned and it has come about. Jesus prayed for me! Lord please let not my faith fail and in time may I lend strength to my brothers. ( that should probably read sisters considering how many of my followers are women.)
I'm not down about what is happening, just tired. James will come home safely, the pressure at work will ease up in time. Archibald has already come home and my blogging will get back to normal too. I fasted today as my way to say to the Lord "Thank you." not as a sacrifice but as a token of honour.
I love you Lord above anything else, Geoff.
Do you ever find yourself denying Jesus by being stubborn? When you have, have you found yourself being sifted? Have you come back to your right mind again? Did you find yourself lending strength to your brother (or should that read, sister.)?
There is a time for everything and right now it is time for me to go to bed, I've got to work tomorrow.
Nighty night everyone, love Geoff..

3 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff,
    Mount Kilimanjaro!! My niece and her husband want to climb this mountain! Impressive! I am not familiar with Mount Meru, but I am guessing this was a warm up climb.
    I love hiking and climbing and my family and I are going to do some small scale climbing this summer, around where we live. Mount Begbie is a small scale glacier mountain that we climbed last summer, but never did the scaling as we weren't prepared, hopefully this summer we can do it.

    I am glad Archibald came home! My dogs shiver and shake when we have a thunderstorm, quite funny, for a few of my guys are big. :)

    I can be stubborn and Jesus lets' me know this is not what He wants, so I end up heading into the furnace to melt, then He removes the impurities there and makes me knew. I don't know why I have to keep going to the furnace but I am hoping one day I will be just as He created me to be, I can hardly wait for that day!! Removing the impurities really hurts sometimes. I find the quicker I learn my lesson the better, the problem is there is always something to improve on because I have decided that I want to be like Him so the more I look at me the more I realize I need to change.

    Praying the sifting doesn't last long. I know the dry spell will pass and fasting is very good for your spirit.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me, I forgot to say congratulations to your son for that climb. Just looked up Mt. Meru; impressive indeed.

    I will continue to pray for safety.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geoff... A lot has been dumped on you lately--someone stealing the screws, the theif, Archibald running off, your concern over James, and the stress of a car that acts up... 'this too will pass'. God knows your heart; you have lent strength to your brothers and sisters in Christ. You'll probably read this Friday--you can chill out this weekend and you'll soon get your Mojo back---I know it! (In the meantime I'll say a prayer for you.)

    ReplyDelete