Monday, June 13, 2011

Day one on Mount Meru

Feeling a bit down this evening, no idea why. James is spending the night on mount Meru in  Tanzania. I'm sure he is having a whale of a time but for some unknown reason I miss him. Lord please keep James and Coleen under your gracious protection.
I suppose all of us feel a bit uncertain at times like this. Now, if it was me on Mount Meru, there would be no problem but, to have my son in another country, especially  an African country, leaves me feeling a bit tense.
Africa is great and so are the African people but, despite what Hollywood would have us believe, this is Africa. Not everything here is as glamorous as it may seem to someone who does not live here.
To my blogging friends I send out this request: Please say a short prayer for James and Coleen. Thank you my friends, Geoff.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff,

    I will pray for James and Coleen.

    There is a lady from my church who is a part time missionary in Africa. Her son-in-law is a doctor there and she has told us of the turmoil that resides there.

    Rest easy and put your trust in the Lord.

    Praying and praying,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geoff,
    After making this comment, I read a blog that posted some very interesting information on Africa. Maybe this is the reason you are unsettled about James and Coleen.

    http://the-end-time.blogspot.com/2011/06/eritreaethiopia-earthquakes-unusual.html

    Praying,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers go out to you and the safety of James and Coleen. I know how you feel. When my kids were little and with me I felt like I had control and could protect them, but even though they are adults, I feel a bit afraid when they are out of my protection. We have to trust their judgement and most of all the protective hand of God.
    Blessings to you my friend.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Child of God, Hi. Thanks for your visit and your prayers. Africa, especially the poorer nations, is still a place that is misunderstood by so called wealthier nations. There are still vast, in fact very vast, areas where there is no way to communicate, travel is undertaken at your own risk. Anyway it's my home and I love it.
    I followed your link, very interesting but as the Lord says, "No one knows the hour or day, not even the son, only the Father." Jesus is with me right now and that's good enough for me.
    God bless you Child of God, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lee, What an honour that you found time to visit me. I know how many followers you now have and realize how tough it must be for you to keep in contact with them all. Thanks again, and thank you especially for your prayers and the blessing you have passed on to me. May God bless you abundantly my friend, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said a prayer for them, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Joy, you have no idea how much that means to me, love, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete