Sunday, May 01, 2011

Trust in God

I heard today that no one seems to care for you, it's written in your eyes you think that life's unfair to you. These are the words of a song I heard yesterday when I was about ready to give up, not only on myself but on blogging too. They go on to sat that God only knows how much your heart can bear, and to give it all you've got and not to give up.
It amazes me how God speaks to me at the times when I really need his wisdom. Life's not over and even though I have started feeling unloved and alone he comes to me and says " You are my servant and I have chosen you so don't give up, just keep serving me. I love you and have chosen you."
One of the things that I've noticed is all those people who gave me such a hard time are now coming to me to pray for them and even this internet problem that I have will go away some day if I just keep on going.
I must tell you that in order for me to write a post I have to rewrite it about 5 or 6 times before I can at least get it saved. I keep on losing my connection to my isp.
Is it just me or do you also have times in your life when things just get the better of you?
I'm going to publish this post now before I get cut off again. This is becoming very demoralizing.
But before I go though I would like to say that not everything is against me. My daughter is here from Johannesburg (about 1000 miles away) and had her birthday yesterday so we got together and that was great. James, my son, leaves in a few weeks for mount Kilimanjaro and that is worth looking forward to so not all is bad. Well God bless you all my friends and hopefully I will be able to get this thing fixed soon.
The owners of the farm have just arrived so I must go. All my love, Geoff.

8 comments:

  1. Today I've been humbled. More than 200 people have come to meet me today with photos and speaches. You amaze me Lord. I believe you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you feel most alone, it is then that you realize who is always in your life.
    You have not been forsaken, but are being carried to lighten your load.

    I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Blessings come to us in many ways dear friend, we need just to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday Geoff and am happy that you were able to see her.
    Oh I have been through so many trying times and I know that they aren't over. But life goes on so we mustn't give up. That's not what God wants us to do.
    I had the oldest, crappiest computer for years and had the same problem that you did. It was so frustrating. But I just kept up with it until I could afford a new one which wasn't for about three years!! It seemed like forever. I even went to use the internet at the library many times and that was worse I think!
    Oh well, don't give up Geoff, I will pray for you!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always pre-write my posts in Word or Notepad and just copy/paste them in when I'm ready to post.

    It's true, God is with us always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those times. In fact, I have them a lot, but our Heavenly Father has always been faithful to remind me that the pain of rejection is not in vain. For we have been chosen to share in His suffering. Of course, if you are anything like me, you would rather Him not be so generous. (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Brother Geoff, God is still in control! :-)

    I do the same thing Linda does. Its always best to edit your posts in notepad or a program your computer has specifically for writing. Then save it and copy & paste to blogger and publish it when your ready .

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. One Woman's Thoughts,
    I know and thanks.
    Diana,
    She's in love and yes she had a great birthday, of course she would have been much happier if el boyfriend had been there, but it was great to have her all to myself (sort of ha ha ). Iv'e not given up. That is something that is in my nature, stubbornness.
    Lynda,
    I tried that but everything went heywire, I'll try it again and see what happens. As far as God being with us is concerned, You have no idea how close he is untill he lets you find him and after that things will never be the same again. He let me find him and now he holds my hand.
    FishHawk,
    I like your sense of humour. I will write a post about rejection some day but not yet.
    Ron,
    You know how much I appreciate your advice and sense of humour. I tried that, I tried that, I tried that, but if you say so I will try again and let you know what happens.
    To all of you I would just like to send my sincere love and to let you know that I really do value each and every one of you. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Geoff, don't give up, I can see that God is using you! What an honor! Just know that your honest, down to earth writings, humble faith, and personality have been an inspiration to me! Hey dude! You rock! Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter. Looking forward to more pics of your work.

    ReplyDelete