Saturday, May 14, 2011

One of Those Days

I just lost a complete post! Argh!!!!!!
After yesterday's post I'm really being tested and it's not over yet. I wrote a beautiful post about how I landed up spending a whole day with the Lord and then it just disappeared. Oh well if at first you don't succeed you're running about average! So here goes again.
Yesterday on my way home from work the exhaust on the bike broke and since I was attending home cell last night I did a quick repair job which allowed me to get there. Well on my return it broke clean off so this morning instead of rushing off to work at 7am I got out my welder and started fixing it. Now I'm not exactly set up to do this kind of repair where the metal to be welded is only a fraction of a millimeter thick. For that you really need a gas welding set up, which I don't have but I can weld quite thin metal, not always as beautifully as I would like but in an emergence one has to do the best one can. This was an emergence, I had to go to work. Anyway I did the best I could with the resources I had. I landed up using an old hole saw bent to the correct shape which I welded to the broken pipe and then found an old hose clamp with which I managed to clamp the two pieces together.
Not a pretty sight as you can see. By the time I finally got things sorted out it was already 11.30 and I had received a call from site asking whether I was coming to work or not. Talk about pressure!
Anyway once I was able to start the bike without it sounding like a weed eater on steroids I quickly loaded the screws and extra bits and pieces I was going to take with me and left. I hadn't even traveled 5km when there was a loud bang from the engine and it stopped working. This was one of those moments when thoughts like, and now! or Argh! go through your mind. I coasted to a place I could safely pull off the road. This is an extremely busy road with more than 2000 vehicles passing in each direction per hour, so finding a safe place to be able to get the bike on it's stand without it falling over or getting run over isn't always that easy so I was very lucky to have broken down where I did.
I got hold of my friend Bino but he was in Belville, miles away, busy on a job and I would have to wait for him to get back to Melkbos which would take hours. Oh well! So I waited and I waited and I waited. And then believe it or not,     Blogger just went down again, ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to have to start all over again. See my next post. This may take a day or two.

2 comments:

  1. It does happen that some days you feel as if you should have stayed in bed.

    May tomorrow bring you a better day and may God bless you all the days of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have a peaceful weekend

    ReplyDelete