Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Back to "Noraml"

I have no idea whether this Internet connection I have at the moment will last so I will try to be brief.
It was back to work for me today after what has been a very disjointed two weeks. First Easter then reconciliation day then workers day, so over the past two weeks I've only managed to work for two days. But as I said it's back to work and I'm grateful to be back on site. Things get very foggy when there are too many breaks and trying to remember everything that you had to remember before the breaks does take a little effort. It seems that focusing on one area in your life for an extended period and then having to leave that and focus on another for a while and then back to where you were in the first place is not the way men like to get things done. Multitasking is definitely for girls! Not for me thank you very much.
Anyway I'm very grateful and things seem to be going along at a great pace. They installed the cornice in one of the units that I've been working on and what a difference. It sort of ties the whole room together and finishes it off. (A cornice is that curved thing that joins the ceiling to the walls.) Of course they are painting the walls too and this has the effect of bringing light into the room. Very nice.I will take some pictures tomorrow and add them in so you can see what is happening.
My daughter Shelley has gone back to Johannesburg and we start "Home cell" tomorrow evening so things are getting back to "sort of" normal. Even the Internet seems to be behaving. It is so nice to get home in the evening and to be able to sit at my computer and blog. It certainly beats having to rely on the public library (which I never did manage to use) or sitting in an Internet cafe'.
Well God bless you my friends, I will try to think of something a little more interesting for my next post such as "Why did God make grandchildren?" or something. All my love Geoff.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that things are getting back to a routine for you and that your life is feeling good again.
    Sometimes we don't have a choice whether or not to multitask . . . it just is.
    I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multitasking is highly overrated... ha! It simply means that you are not giving 100% of your attention to any one task at any one time--now, how can that be good? I do a lot of multitasking through the day, mostly when I'm cooking supper--every dish has to be finished at the same time. You don't sit down to eat a main course while the veggies are still cooking away! The older I get, the older this old brain gets, the harder it is for me to multitask!

    ReplyDelete