Sunday, May 08, 2011

Catching up with friends all over the world

I've been sitting here for hours trying to catch up with all the new followers that joined my blog while trying to stay true to those who have been following me from early days. Sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes to access a blog, I'm using 3G broad band and it is very slow. I think they call it 3G because you need 3 times as much grace to stay patient LOL.
I must say that reading all those posts has been a very interesting and sometimes heart wrenching process. One thing that I really like about bloggers is their positive spin on life. We all have trials to go through in this life but to tell the truth sometimes the only way to cope is by staying positive and having faith that things will turn out OK in the end.

Mike and Katriena
I spent yesterday with friends Wynand and Mike and their girls. Wynand is a committed christian and Mike is a self professed atheist which is hilarious since he is the one talking about God and religion all the time. I think Mike finds the conversation stimulating and Wynand likes to discuss the validity of Christianity which makes for good company. I kind of stay out of it preffering to let them see what kind of person I am and I like playing with the kids of course. Both Mike and Wynand of course both played with the girls but most of the time they were engrossed in conversation which left me to play. I love it.

Wynand with Katriena and Anastsia
 The children had such a good time riding Geoff like a donkey and playing piggy in the middle and cart wheels
Mike and Olivia
and playing in the mud and so on but I found it absolutely exhausting and by the time I went home all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and close my eyes.
Well when I got home and switched the computer on I had a good connection to the Internet so decided to catch up before going to bed. Four hours later, at 2am I finally called it a night and switched off. The Internet has become a very large part of my life now, considering how I had tried for many years to keep my name off the Internet. ( one day some time ago I decided to google my name and was shocked, my name had been on the web since 1990 because of the industry I'm in. Surprise surprise.) To be able to connect with other people around the world through my blog has changed my life and to receive your feedback is, to tell the truth, one of the highlights of my day, when I can connect that is.
Since it is Mother's day I would just like to say in tribute to my mother,
 "Mom I love you and miss you. You made my life so much easier and have influenced my ability to interact with others by the way you showed so much love and acceptance to everyone else, no matter who they were. Thanks Mom.
Can you imagine what life would be like if there were no mothers in the world and we just sort of happened?  God is good and to me in particular. Thank you lord for my mother and since I loved my mother so much while she was here I can just imagine how much you love yours. It must have been so traumatic to hang there on a cross knowing you were going to die and seeing the torment in your mom's eyes. But she's with you now. God bless Jesus's Mom.

5 comments:

  1. I wrote a comment and lost it! I enjoyed your post and thank you for your visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the pictures of you and your friends and children having having fun.

    I think it's interesting that atheists seem to spend a lot of time talking about God.

    The internet can certainly take up much of our time.

    I miss many things anout my mother too.
    This day I celebrate all mothers and have extended thanks to them for being in my life, even though they are not my mother.
    To understand the depth and unconditionality of a mother's love is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One woman's thoughts, Hi. Thanks for the comment. Children running around are very hard to get good photographs of. Athiests, yes they do don't they. Yes I read your tribute, it was beautifully put. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is an old post, but it so good to hear you say how much you loved your mother.

    ReplyDelete