Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jesus

Oh what a struggle it can be to keep up with challenges when things keep working against you. I've lost access to the Internet due to a virus that infected my friend Andy's network. I've been trying to get my own computer connected so I can work from home but everything I've tried so far has failed. What a pain! Tomorrow I'm going to get hold of a 3g modem that will be compatible with windows 7 if possible and hopefully I will be on the net again son.
Right now I'm at an Internet cafe' which works out to be quite costly and restrictive and I have to rush things which isn't the ideal way to write. So please forgive me and know that I am trying to get things sorted out.
I've missed all the letters between "F" and "J" but hopefully I can get caught up soon.
Well let me tell you about a man called Jesus, and how I see this man's relationship with God and me.
Now according to scripture Jesus was or should I say is the son of God and since he is the son of God he has all the attributes of God himself. Now if God does not sin and his son is as he himself is then the son cannot sin either and therefore obeyed all God's commands and fulfilled all the law of God but was still killed by the people of the world anyway and landed up being despised and hated. Now since I'm very restricted in time to write this post I'm going to have to explain very briefly how I think God thinks when He looks at us.
When God looks at us I think what he sees is how we,as imperfect beings,struggle through this life taking all the nonsense thrown at us by other people. He sees our hurts and pain, our fears and challenges and then He looks at his son and sees how even though he was absolutely perfect and without sin the world rejected him and killed him.
I think that what God says when looking at us in our struggle to overcome sin is "I know how you are struggling and how the rest of your so called friends mock and belittle you behind your back and I also know how unloved you feel right now but in the same way they rejected my son who was perfect and I continued to love him so too will I love you even though the rest of humanity rejects you. I love you unconditionaly."
My prayer for the people of the world is for strenght to remain faithful to Jesus and to have the strength to trust God and his amazing son Jesus.
God does love us and would rather have us with him in his kingdom that bannished to eternal hell.
Where would you rather spend eternity?

14 comments:

  1. Great evangelistic message Geoff. It is my prayer that you have lots of readers who are not saved come to know the Lord. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your faith, Geoff. It's just amazing that Satan has blinded those of this world to God's truth. I was once there myself. I am so thankful--eternally thankful that I took that step of faith and God removed the veil from in front of my eyes and allowed me to see that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. Praise God, I am thankful for what He took me through--the pain--so I would come to know Him, it was worth it. So sad that so many are dwelling in darkeness, yet refuse to repent of their sin and acknowledge their need. Sheer pride, Geoff, sheer pride. Thanks again and I hope the Internet will be kind to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about Jesus, I am glad that I will spending my eternity with my saviour:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Geoff's Blogs" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/04/sites-to-see_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome way to share the truth of the gospel.

    I found you thru the A to Z challenge. Maybe when you get your own computer you can visit my site.

    www.keena-itsmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Geoff is now on the net at home. At last.
    Now I can keep up with all of you at night as opposed to trying to keep things together during working hours and earning a living at the same time. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Lord!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by to say hi on the A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a quick post Geoff it was beautifully said. Have a Blessed Holy Week and good luck with your computer troubles. I hope that you get up and running again soon!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for all your internet issues. This was a beautiful post. I'm following you from the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May our Lord shine upon you and your family this Resurrection Day. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have missed reading your posts.

    I know that you are busy and having problems with computer access. I wish you well and hope to read your words again soon.

    ReplyDelete