Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just one of those days

You know how when you open your profile you can browse other people's blogs who share your interests? Well one of the movies on my list of favourites is "Two Weeks Notice." So wondering which blogs I wanted to have a look at this morning I clicked on this movie. I think I'm strange! Of more than 100 profiles I looked at there was only 1 other male. How about that, I obviously like "chick flicks" and seem to be a rarity. Another thing that I noticed was that most of them were from the US with a few from the Philippines and a very few scattered around the rest of the world. Very interesting.
We have had a problem with the Internet for the past few days so publishing new posts has been difficult but things seem OK for now. Make hay while the sun shines. Another thing that you may have noticed is that my posts don't have my own photo's in them any more. This is because I have a new computer at home that is missing the programs I used to work in, namely Microsoft Office. I don't want it anymore but one thing that it had that I had come to use often was a picture resizing feature. My camera is one of these new 12meg cameras so the pictures have to be made smaller in order to be publishable on my blog. I'm working with a new re size program but am still in the process of learning how. Another thing is a lack of effort on my part to take pictures as regularly as I used to. I'm carrying my camera with me again and am getting back into it so I will be able to publish new pictures again.
Something else that has happened is I have been reading posts from the list of bloggers that have joined Lee's April challenge at http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/2011/01/very-special-and-exciting-announcement.html and the one thing that I've come to realize is " I'm no writer." Yes there are people who enjoy reading my blog and make complimentary observations but in all honesty compared to those who have joined his challenge my writing leaves much to be desired. I highly recommend joining Lee's challenge, there are some very noteworthy posts published by those already taking part.
Today seems to be one of those days when I'm not really sure what to write and find myself rambling on about nothing in particular so I'm going to call it a day for now but will be back a little later if anything interesting comes up, in the meantime God bless all of you.

7 comments:

  1. Geoff, the reason I really enjoy reading your posts is because you are so down-to-earth in your writings. You have some very interesting experiences that some of us "old folks" have never been through or even dreamed of doing. Blessings my friend. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lloyd. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean you are no writer? I love reading what you say!! It is so interesting.
    Living in Africa you get used to the scenery, but we in the rest of the world wold enjoy to see more through that new camera... Please take more pics and post them. I am going to look up that movie, 'Two weeks notice," and I will visit the challenge.. A big hug from the Ozzie Roo.... And a big yell....YAHOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lloyd is correct, your writings are down to earth and honest, and we appreciate it. That link you posted... and here I thought it was a de-cluttering blog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal Mary, You know what I mean, there are writers on these blogs that can really write then there are people like me. I write about my experiences but there are those who are artistic in their writing and make stuff up like a true artist. Painters are like that too, there are those who create and there are those who display. I admire people who can make stroies up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal Mary, sorry I hit post comment before I was finished. That's the thing about posting a comment on your own blog, no second chance. Anyway thanks for the hugs and yes I will be publishing more pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy, thanks for your kind comment. Your blog is stylish by the way and you deserve the award. Photos are nice in that they only clutter up your computer, the rest of the house remains fairly clutter free Ha Ha. Happy Valentine's day my friend. Love Geoff.

    ReplyDelete