Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Geoff's got Wheels

Yep I've got wheels at last. Thank you Lord, you have answered my prayers again. Ed and his wife have lent me a scooter for as long as I need it so that I can get around and so that I can get to work. Thanks guys I really do appreciate it. I had quite a few problems with the starter motor at first but they seem to be sorted out for the moment. What has made a tremendous difference is the amount of time I save in getting from one place to the next, what used to take about an hour now takes about 5 minutes. IT'S GREAT!
How would we cope in life without friends who care about us? There are so many demands made on us in this life that without the love and help of others we would be completely swamped.
Thank you all my friends.
A few days ago Sarah, Ed's wife found a baby field mouse in the road, its eyes weren't even open and it was raining at the time. Anyway she asked me to try to save it but it's mouth was so small and it had no idea how to drink, eventually, after many attempts to try to get it to drink, it died. It is so sad when something so helpless falls into our hands but we are unable to help. May you rest in peace my little friend. There is a scripture where Jesus is telling his disciples how much God loves them, "Sparrows are two a penny but without the Fathers leave not even one may fall to the ground, You are worth more than any number of sparrows." I guess this little thing is now with the Father for he has ordained it. Bless you Lord.
The restaurant next door is taking shape nicely, even though there is still a lot of jealousy from some of the local people who wanted the place for themselves but were unwilling to pay the price being asked at the time. Oh well God has his own plans and who can oppose him? They make the best pizza I've ever tasted.

One day Joleen their chef offered me a sandwich and a salad she had made, they were thinking of adding them to their menu, it was great and being the type of person I am I just had to take some pictures to put on the wall.

 One other thing that has happened is the little duckling that I wrote about in one of my previous posts is doing very well and now has his own facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Greenie/143389269044628 with a whole lot of followers. He is so cute and since he seems to have taken a shine to me, I get to let him swim in my pond at home. The Lord blesses me with so many animal friends even though my human friends are not as many as other peoples. God is good and I know that time is a great healer therefor I choose to live in peace and faith that He loves us all the same for we are his children and He seeks only the best for each and every one of us.

God bless you all my Blogger friends and even though we may never meet each other in this life may we meet in Heaven.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Geoff, I got lots of smiles out of you page. What a lovely heart you have. I have many recent south African friends who live close by. We all have a Bible study together.. Your bike is wonderful and even has a shelter from the eliments.
    Sorry about you little mouse. Poor little thing. Yes God knows all!
    I laughed about the duckling on FB...you sound as mad as me. LOL (Thats wouldn't be hard.)<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to say, that salad looks scrumptous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll agree that the salad looks very good. I'm a big fan of pizza, but I don't know when I'll have a chance to get by and try it. Ah, so many pizza places in the world and not enough time (or money) to try them all.

    Glad you've got some transportation now.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geoff, the scooter looks great and what a blessing! I'll bet it gets good gas mileage.

    God bless you and have a great Christmas :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 'met' you on the comments page of the Old Geezer and your comment reminded me of an experience in S. Africa. We were living in Somerset West, and, as you say, there was no TV , so we were quietly reading when an earthquake arrived. (I suppose it must have been about 1970). I can remember looking up from my book as a ripple spread across the carpet and the grandfather clock shook! Then came the bang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Geoff, I'm just stopping by to wish you and your family a Wonderful Christmas :-)

    ~Ron
    **********

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Geoff, God Bless you this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Geoff, I'm back again :-)

    Happy New Year from Southern California. No snow here but a lot of rain storms and mud slides!

    I hope you and your family had a Wonderful Christmas Celebration.

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete