Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Surprise

Wow I am surprised!
I posted a comment on http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/ Tossing it out's post about airport security going too far and have been wondering what sort of reaction there would be to a South African's views on the subject and Lo and Behold I wasn't shot down in flames. In fact some of the comments were exactly in line with my own views on policing in the States.
Lighten up already!
Anyway it was interesting to see just how Americans feel about your insane, intrusive, offensive airport security and their justification for these measures. Personally speaking if my woman had to go through that type of scanning or body search I would tell the airline company to go to hell. I'll keep my money and you can keep your nonsense, I'd rather walk than put up with that, in fact I'd rather stay right here in sunny South Africa.
Yes we have our problems, hijackings, murder, corruption and so on and so on even people who smoke dope, if you consider that to be a problem, but you know what, bad news sells and so what you hear on the news or read in the papers is only an attempt to sell more papers or get you to sit in front of that infernal mind control box (by the way I sold my T.V. more than 30 years ago, I couldn't be bothered buying the newspapers and even the radio news I turn off, it's not my business nor can I do anything about it anyway.) What is happening elsewhere in the world is out of my hands and anyway I have enough to deal with in my own life.Well, enough about that, I'm not an expert just an interested bystander.

I woke up this morning thinking about Jesus telling his disciples "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened."  I have recently realized just how true those words are in my daily life.We seem to think that what we are doing in life is disconnected from the scriptures and this kind of scripture is referring only to prayer but when you really get down to the nitty gritty and look at your life you will find that whatever you have run after in your life that is what you have achieved. Think about it, when you were lonely and really wanted a partner you went looking for just that and that is exactly what you got. It may not have lasted very long nor been very good for you at the time but sure as nuts, that is exactly what you got. Or when you needed a new car or a new job and so on and so on. Amazing!
I think we have to be more carefull about what we run after or seek or ask for, we may well get it. Right now I'm trying to focus on getting work in the film industry and at the same time trying to leave all the other distractions, principaly women, behind. Not always an easy task but no one ever said focussing was easy especialy for me who needs a pair of glasses just to be able to sit and type this blog post. :) which I must admit I owe entirely to American people since Blospot was originated by them, thank you. All the way through the Bible God exhorts us to seek good and hate evil, Kinda makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
Well it's time to start looking again and to exit this post in order to concentrate so untill next time fare ye well my friends and may my God bless you all this beautiful day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff, I read your comment on Tossing it Out, and as you're the first fellow South African I've found on the blogs I follow, I simply had to pop over and say *hi!*

    I really enjoyed your post, and I couldn't agree more. In fact, I could add, that we should also be careful what we ask for... we might just get it!
    God bless and have a wonderful day in Melkbos (I'm a Jo'burg girl, but travel down frequently for business - I love the entire stretch from Big Bay to Melkbos, it's idyllic!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by to comment on my post and thanks for linking to it here. You are so right about the news-- it would be nice if sometimes there was more focus on the good news and positive things that people were doing. No matter so many people get depressed and feel so hopeless. They need to be reading the real Good News of the Gospel.

    Good luck on your search for what you're looking for right now. At least you've got your anchor in the right harbor which is the safety of the Lord Jesus.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geoff,

    This post was just what my spirit needed. A realization that I will eventually get the things I've been praying and waiting for. :)

    God is good, ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete