Friday, July 02, 2010

New Life on the Farm

It's been a long time since I've sat down to write up an update on my blog. I kind of lost a little enthusiasm with all the pressures and stresses I've been dealing with lately. Even though the Lord has been blessing me with work and restoring my finances there are areas where I've been tested rather severely, especially in areas concerning the heart. It amazes me how much power we have over the feelings of others and just how much damage we do to each other.Jesus says that the people who will do us the most damage are the ones we love and he wasn't kidding. But today is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it and in time I'm sure I will get over everything that has happened recently. It's winter in Cape Town at the moment and with winter comes the rain. Everything has turned green and when the sun shines on the raindrops that are sprinkled over the grasses everything sparkles like little diamonds. The wild geese have returned for the breeding season which tends to upset my domestic geese (I think they are a little threatened and jealous about their territory) but to see these wild birds returning and to hear their raucous cries brings a little joy to my heart. I am truly blessed to live in such a peaceful place away from the hustle and bustle of the city but close enough to be within an easy commute. The wild flowers will be bursting into bloom soon and when that happens I will know that creatures of all kinds will be hatching and coming into my world. Even though it is cold here, especially at night, it is a very exciting time for me. I love it when new life is born. To watch the baby goslings, ducklings and rabbits, to mention just a few, coming into my garden for the first time is always pleasing. Of course when there are lots of babies around the owls and hawks are in evidence too, they also have babies to feed. The crows that come to the farm can be a problem because they steal the eggs of all the other birds in the area but I suppose that they too need to survive. Anyway I need to get back into the habit of blogging again but right now my heart is still distracted, it just won't go away. For today I've got to get back to the farm and pump sewerage, something I absolutely hate doing but if I don't do it the place behind the restaurant just stinks and becomes a health hazard. I wish people who have responsibilities with regards their places would just do what they need to do rather than making it my problem however Jesus tells us to serve our neighbours in love and to do good. Maybe someday they will recognise good and give thanks to the Lord. Who knows? So for now I wish all my friends on the net a wonderful day and I will spend a little time on the weekend looking for the enthusiasm to blog that I lack at the moment. God bless you all and say a little prayer for me that I may find peace and joy.

2 comments:

  1. Seems funny to hear you talking about winter as we enter our summer. South Africa is on our radar a lot lately with the World Cup and all.

    Hope you get everything in your life in order. Like those of us who are accepting to do so you count your blessings and keep moving forward. That's the best way to do it otherwise you'd be counting your troubles and that's more distressing and painful.

    God's blessings to you, Geoff.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. Yes South Africa is in the worlds eyes at the moment but not having my own T.V. has resulted in my having pretty much missed all the excitement. I'm not a soccer fan anyway but I still have to deal with all the trafic congestion that results from a match being played in Cape Town, it's an absolute pain. The whole city comes to a standstill.
    In winter Cape town gets rain and these glorious days when the sky is clear and there is no wind, like a secret season type thing. Yesterday and today have been just like that. Anyway thanks for the blessings and may the Lord bless you today with a surprise appearance in your life. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete