Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Jesus is more than an Answer to Prayer

So here I am again with more about Gods amazing provision. Firstly let me tell you about what happened last night. I was at the restaurant that I spoke about in my previous post and once again they were completely without customers and of course without money. Well as you can imagine there was a lot of complaining and so on. These people do not believe in God or Jesus but as the lord says in his word: He did not come to invite righteous people but sinners and non believers, anyway I told Diana that I was going to go and pray for her business and all she did was burst out laughing. I didn't really expect anything else so it didn't really phase me, I went home and prayed for her anyway asking God to send her customers not only because she needed them but for the honour of his name. Within 20 minutes they started arriving and she had quite a reasonable evening. How about that. Enough said. This morning I asked the lord to please get me work again because I haven't worked for 3 weeks now and when I don't work the money dries up real fast. I was walking around the farm praying and talking to the Lord as we tend to do, there was a flock of ostriches standing around quite some distance away but they wouldn't come to me even though I tried to get them closer ( be careful of these stupid birds, they kick forward which always comes as a surprise), anyway when I got home the phone started ringing and on the other end was Celeste from Cactus Innovations asking me to come to work tomorrow for a week. Thank you once again Lord, you are so faithful. Anyone who happens to visit my blog will soon find out that I REALLY believe in God and that I have also come to that point in my walk with him where I expect the unexpected and I expect it now not later. I live alone on a farm and so to be able to have these amazing experiences published on the Internet is a great privilege. Jesus says that a lamp is not lit then put under the bed but on the lamp stand and so on and so on. My lamp has been lit. Of course the thing that gets the most light is in fact the lamp itself and all the dirt and brokenness is shown up. Time to clean up the lamp. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who read my blog for your encouragement and kind comments. THANK YOU. I will be off to work again tomorrow and so will not be able to update my blogs for a while, please forgive me. May my god walk with you over the next week and may you all see miracles to let you know that he is indeed with you.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness, this post really lifted my spirits. I've been waiting on God for almost 8 months now. I'm at the verge of losing everything, but God. Will you please agree with me in prayer for a job I so desperately need. There's more to it than that, but God knows.

    Thank you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you brother Geoff

    Have a safe working trip.
    I look forward to connecting with you when you return

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your blog. God bless and have a safe trip. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are letting your light shine. It is having an effect, a positive effect. When you get your work done and come back I will be waiting to hear what all God did for you during that week. Isn't He awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Geoff, a few months ago I put up a small bird feeder, put in bird food. (It is located outside my sliding glass doors, so "Roskie" my Russian black cat can secretly watch them from the side of the arm chair. Well for weeks no birds! I was bummed and so was the cat. Then just a few weeks ago, I have over dozens of different birds...I love to watch them and the cat is in heaven! LoL Talk to you when I get back from Montana. E-

    Birds give harmony to life.

    ReplyDelete