Monday, May 24, 2010

David's Trust

Well I've managed to get a short while on the net thanks to a shortage of work for the day. I left work early to go to the bank and to update my blog. Quite a few things have happened recently that may Pique your interest a little. People I know have started reading my blog recently and I've noticed a shift in attitudes in some people. It seems that quite a few people in the bar that I wrote about in one of my previous posts have read it and word seems to have gone around. Unfortunately not every one's attitude towards me has improved yet but I'm sure that once I get used to the changes and they see the change in me things will improve. Anyway one of the people who I have a sneaky feeling may just have read it is an atheist, or so he says. The other night while talking to me he said that I was blessed. This is something I very much doubt he would have said if he hadn't. One of my other friends told me that she had read it and another called to get my blog site address. Not bad hey? I must admit that it came as quite a surprise. A very pleasant one at that. One of the more unpleasant things that has happened is the disappearance of my camera and you all know how much I enjoy posting photos of interesting things. A real pity. So no pictures for a while except from my files. Sorry. For the past few days I've been asking the Lord to let me get to know him rather than just asking for things all the time. Also to let me understand what faith is, in my heart. He's a very big God and as Jesus said to the woman at the well "You gentiles don't know what you worship while we Jews know what we worship." He was right. I'm trying to know God and who He is. This morning I was reading about when David killed Goliath and how he was absolutely confident that God would deliver him just as he had done in the past when dealing with lions and bears that had attacked his fathers flocks and how he treated them. A very brave young boy. I want to be like him. Confident and unafraid. When you look at this young boy running towards a nine foot tall soldier fully clad in battle armour while himself dressed in a linen tunic armed only with a stick and sling, you can imagine what trust he had in God. No wonder God calls him a man after His own heart. When the Lord told him "I will never leave you or forsake you." he believed him with his whole heart, but the Lord has also told us that He will never leave us or forsake us too. What do you think about that? Sometimes life deals tough challenges up for us and dealing with them isn't always that easy They seem to come in the area of our lives where we are most vulnerable and most lacking in self confidence, maybe to teach us to put our trust in Him so He can show us just how faithful and powerful He truly is. Of course we don't always pass the test but because of the faithfulness of God it doesn't end there. Not all opportunities are once off deals, sometimes we get another chance if we are willing to see our mistakes and really try again. Sometimes you just have to keep going and never give up. He did say that he would never leave us or forsake us. Thank you Jesus for your grace and for being who you are. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Geoff, I hope life is treating you well. The past months have been some what challenging, but rewarding at the same time. My middle daughter had three car wrecks in one month...money went out the window for that. I have been looking for a better job....no such luck. But my faith is high in finding one by fall. Last week took my car in for a simple $39.99 oil change...not! But a $1600 issue instead. Good news though, my oldest daughter is getting married to a wonderful guy. My youngest daughter was located and we are now talking. This Friday I will be driving to Montana for my daughters wedding...863 miles one way. And to top it off, I started writing my poetry yesterday! God is good to me and I am grateful for our friendship, thanks for your comments. E-

    ReplyDelete