Friday, March 05, 2010

Exhibitions in South Africa

Well I'm back in Cape Town again after a week in Durban erecting a show stand for British American tobacco. Man what a hectic time its been. On Tuesday we worked from 7an until 4.30 the next morning to get the stand ready but in the end it was worth it. The client was very impressed and that is what show stands are all about, making peole happy.

Durban itself I found very disappointing, I grew up here and to come back after so many years to see the neglect and degradation that has taken place left me with a sense of sadness that may be a bit unreasonable but is sincere. Oh Africa, when are you going to learn that maintaining what God has given you is essential. Oh well what can I say?
With the 2010 Soccer World Cup coming up soon, people like myself who are capable of building show stands and film sets are in demand and are finding time to attend to other business extremely limited, thus the sporadic blog updates, even keeping in touch with friends and family is difficult at the moment. I am going back to work just now to supervise another show stand that was built while I was away, We will erect it over the week-end and then on Monday it's on to the next one.
God is being very good to me at the moment and as I said in one of my previous posts, "I'm being blessed." Thank you Lord. Even at home things are going better. Isn't it amazing how much better we feel about ourselves when we are able to work and provide for ourselves?
For all my friends that read my blog posts I would just like to say that you are in my prayers and you inspire me with your positive comments and input. Life is so much more than just work and trying to make ends meet, the relationships that have developed in my life over the years mean more to me than any ammount of money and financial success. You are precious to me.
Time for me to go, so here's to all of you, may God bless you untill we meet again and I look forward to meeting all of you someday in the future.
 God bless you all.
 Geoff.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff,

    Thanks for sharing the great looking photos.
    You do some excellent work.
    Do you ever do any work in the USA?

    I like to read your blog, so try not to be so long in between posts.

    God bless you, Ron
    If you want to reply--- ronj1946@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with your busy schedule, work demands, and the desire to communicate with friends. Time is a precious and scarce commodity in my world, but my career brings enormous pleasure and contentment as well. The Lord has taught me to balance it all by keeping Him first. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know what you are doing. Write when you can. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are doing so well! I appreciated seeing your wonderful work! I am also grateful for the kind words you placed on my blog....God is with you. Have a wonderful week. E-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron,thanks for your encourageing words,no till today I've only worked in South Africa but have obviously worked on a number of U.S. movies such as Lord of war and Starship troopers just to name a few. Filming in South Africa is very cost effective because of the exchange rate and production companies from all over the world come here to make movies. Cape Town is like the hollywood of South Africa, a very sought after location. At the moment there are also a lot of exhibitions happening because of the World cup. God bless you my friend. Have a great time till we meet again. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inside The Shrink, yes God is frist in my life, there is, in my oppinion, no other way to live. My career keeps me on my toes and one thing that I've learned is that tomorrow will bring what it brings, so my attitude is, at the moment, "Thank you Lord, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself even though I'm short of time, tired and a little worn out, I realy do appreciate it."
    Thanks for taking an interest in my blog and I will try to keep it updated as often as I can. One day things will change to the point where I will be able to get an internet connection at home then I will be able to spend more time on my and your blogs. God bless you my friend. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, although you and I have never met it seems to me that I can read from your poetry that which is not written but implied. For some strange reason I have come to care about you and considder you to be one of those people whose words have kept me going, you are one of my closer friends. Pricious is precious and you are.
    God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete