Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HOME ALONE.


I'm back home in windy, dry, dusty, hot Cape Town. It's strange how much I missed home while away but now that I'm back, I cannot work out why I missed it so much. Possibly it was my concern for my animals or just a longing for sunshine again but the animals are fine and the sunshine has it's drawbacks, "dust."

Now that I've been "over seas", I'm going to have to digest every thing that I've been through lately and make a few decisions with regard to my future. Always decisions and more decisions. Don't you sometimes wish that you could just plot out everything for the next hundred years or so and then follow that path? Somehow things don't seem to work out that way though. Always new paths and decisions, always uncertainty about the future. Oh well, life goes on no matter what the future holds anyway, so might as well accept that the future isn't really in my control anyway and just make the most of each day as it happens.
Isn't it funny how, after visiting somewhere else, you are left with an inner dissatisfaction with your own home circumstances if the experience has been a good one and relief to be home again if unpleasant? Humans are such fickle creatures. Fortunately God is in control and he keeps us safe, not only in our wanderings but at home too. Thank you Lord for bringing me safely home and for inspiring me to see the world in a new light. You have severed the bonds of attachment that have prevented me from venturing forth. You truly are a great god.


So, it's time for me to catch up on the new year and deal with all the issues I didn't deal with last year. Time to start looking for work all over again, time to sort out relationship issues and to be more trusting of God and his love, not only for me but for those I care about too and time to lay some things to rest. Time to start planning my next trip overseas too.

I'm thinking maybe France or Egypt. I'm going to need some suggestions of interesting places around the world considering the fact that I'm an outdoors type person.

 Maybe Antarctica or the Himalayas, Who Knows. The spirit of adventure has been awakened.
May God the, creator of the heavens and all that is in them, bless you all in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Geoff, I am so delighted that you are safely back! What a fun trip you have been on. I know you will get all the things that you need to do in order. Your blogs have been interesting to read and I have enjoyed everyone of them. God is good to us all and I think you have been the vessel God has sent to me. For in my life right now I have been going through many issues with my own children. But all is well now. Your faith is a great example for me to follow! Best wishes, E-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Yes, God does love us so much and his promise still stands: " For I alone know the plans I have for you," sais the Lord, "prosperity and not harm, plans to give you a hope and a future." ( Jeremiah 29v 11-14.)
    Glad to hear that things are improving, I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete