Friday, December 11, 2009

A hot day.


It's summer in Cape Town and the temperature to day is about 32degrees in the shade(centigrade). I've been in town all morning reading other peoples blogs but it's time to go back to the farm which is about 3km from here. It's a long walk in the blazing sun. No car.  I'm trying to get ready for my trip to England so I have to make sure there is food for the animals and also clean up the house for the house sitter. When you live alone, as I do, you tend to let things slide a little and dust seems to invade your space the moment you sit down to relax. The south Easter brings dust in summer and the North Westers bring mud in Winter, it's a never ending story of dusting and wiping. Oh well I can't complain, I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and I'm realy blessed. Thank you Lord. I have some little visitors in the form of tortoises that come when I put the sprinkler on.  Fridays are not my favourites, no internet untill Monday and since I'm working next week I won't be able to read any of your humbling blogs for a whole week. Bummer. For every thing it's season. God bless all of you. Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting life you must have. No car, that must be nice. You never have to check the oil, pay car insurance, buy tires. That must be nice! I love your visitors. You are so grateful, that is what we need more in this world. Have a safe time in England....you will probably miss your animals! God bless you too my new friend!
    E-

    ReplyDelete