Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Free from fear


It seems to me that when we are presented with a blessing from God along with the blessing comes opposition. Some times this is sent so as to test whether we really want the blessing but sometimes this opposition comes purely to keep us out of the will of God. Have you ever prayed to the Lord and said: "Lord I'm here to serve you and to do your will", and immediately there after, come against incredible temptation? It happens to me all the time. Serving God is not exactly easy but if we are victorious the rewards are there. I'm having to deal with a situation at the moment where the Lord is saying to me: "Do not serve Idols, Do not worship them and do not sacrifice to them, you will serve me and worship me only." Of course with me being a single male most of the temptations come in the form of beautiful women And most of the opposition comes in the form of rather large men with big mouths. All I can do is say: "Help me Jesus!" Fortunately He is faithful and He loves me. I don't know what I would if God didn't love me. Sorry if this blog seems a little down at the moment but I'm having to deal with this right now. Man, I had no Idea this Christmas was going to be a time of such big decisions. Wish me luck.

When God made man He created him simple but man invents endless subtlties of his own.

Animals and children are far less complicated.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be down Geoff! What where you doing hanging out with the people in the above photo? Just behind you is a mountain that should be climbed...I really think that temptation begins in our thoughts, rather then in the space before us. For it is our thoughts that become our struggle, and not the things that we can touch. Remember God is spirit and if he lives in us, our spirit should trust more and not let earthly beauty stand in our way to continue to do what is ethical and good. Keep doing good. E-

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people in this photo are not the people spoken of in my blog. These are children who were in a school group that decided to climb the hill on my farm. They had a great time and as you can see in the background, the view of Table Mountain is the best in the world. Children are so much less complicated than adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning! Thanks for the response. I bet the children enjoyed the farm and your friendship! Table Mountain is such a fitting name for that mountain. Oh! by the way I sent you a letter with the recipe out a few days ago. Have a joyous Christmas with your friends and family. You are truly blessed and a tremendous person. E-

    ReplyDelete